Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Shopping Carts, why and how?
You can create an e-commerce site on any of the Bluehost plans. With an e-commerce site, you can sell your products and/or services.
In order for your website to become an e-commerce site, you will first need to install shopping cart software. There are several methods of doing this:
- Using MOJO Marketplace to install one of the many shopping cart software available.
- Manually installing a shopping cart software of your own. (recommended for advanced users only)
- Hire a developer or another company to install and/or manage the software for you.
Once you have installed your shopping cart software, you will want to configure the software to display your products. There are many shopping cart software packages available, and they all have their own unique interface and style of configuration, but you can follow some general steps to get your product showing:
- Log in to your shopping cart's admin area.
- Create a new product in the interface.
- Supply the information that describes your product. You may wish to include a picture of your product that you have uploaded previously.
- Set the pricing for your product. (you may need to configure a payment gateway and currency prior to this step depending on your software.)
- Save your new product and test it on the website to ensure that everything functions correctly.
Even when following the above steps, there are things that could potentially go wrong. Depending on which method you chose for installing your shopping cart software, you may wish to use different methods to attain the fastest support.
- If you chose to install using MOJO Marketplace and have a problem with the installation, you will get the fastest support for the issue with the installation by contacting Bluehost.
- If you chose to hire a developer or another company, then your support will likely be most expedient when contacting them directly.
- If you have selected a manual installation, you will most likely want to contact the software developer directly to receive the quickest support available.
Once installed, it is best to contact the author/software developer of the shopping cart you are using, or the related support community for technical support. They would be the most knowledgeable resource available and would be best equipped to help you.
However, you are always welcome to contact Bluehost and we will do our best to assist you or at least point you in the right direction.
Recommended Help Content
Protect Specific Pages With SSL
This article will show a way to protect specific pages of your website with SSL. This may have benefits for SEO and can be used on pages that contain forms, shopping carts or any other page where users might enter sensitive information.
OSCommerce will not keep my sessions between HTTP and HTTPS.
When I try to log into my OSCommerce shopping cart using https://secure.Bluehost.com/~username url, my shopping cart isn't the same. It is as though I have 2 carts, one for HTTP (unsecure) an
What Is An SSL Certificate? How Much Is An SSL Certificate?
General Information about SSL Certificates
Related Help Content
Accessing the File Manager
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it.
Using Horde Groupware
A helpful overview of Horde Groupware
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
An overview of SiteLock Lite
Steps to Renew Your Domain
A step-by-step guide to renewing your domain name registration.
A step-by-step guide to renewing your hosting account.
Upgrade CPU and Memory on CloudSites
This article explains how to add CPU and memory upgrades to a CloudSites account.
Shared vs. Dedicated IPs & Port Access
What is the difference between a Shared & Dedicated IP? How do I get Port Access? What type of SSL Certificate is right for me?