Bluehost Web Hosting Help
SiteLock - Verifying Domain and Account Information
This article is intended for customers who already have SiteLock and want to begin using their account. If you still don't have SiteLock, use the following link to learn how to signup so you can enjoy the benefits:
If you have questions regarding the SiteLock dashboard or website, please check out our Introduction to SiteLock article.
Steps to Verify
Verifying your information with SiteLock is a necessary step to creating a site with the SiteLock Trust Seal. This article can walk you through the necessary steps to get your domains and account information verified with SiteLock.
Jump to a Section:
Verifying Your Domain
- To verify your domain and account information you will need to be logged into your SiteLock account by going to http://sitelock.com/
- Once logged in, you will be looking at your Dashboard. Look for the following verification notices shown in the picture below.
- Click on "Verify Domain" and you will see the following dialog box:
- As you can see, there are two ways to verify your domain; we will be dealing with the easier first option, as the method using code could have the potential to break your scripts. Click on the first "Click here" link in the dialog box which will download an html file to your local computer. Please remember where you saved this file; it will generally default to your Downloads Folder.
After the file is downloaded, you will need to log into your Bluehost cPanel. Please keep your SiteLock dashboard open as we will need to comeback here after the html file has been uploaded to your account. Once logged in to cPanel, open the "File Manager" located in the "Files" section of your cPanel.
Another popup will occur, the "File Manager Directory Selector". Make sure to select Web root to get into your public_html directory. If you open the home directory, that is fine. You will just need to navigate to the public_html folder to make sure the file is uploaded to the correct directory.
- Once you are in the correct directory, public_html, please hit the Upload button on the top of your File Manager. You will then be taken to the following screen to upload the verification file. Once you have selected the html file from your local computer, click okay and the upload will begin. You will see a green status bar in the bottom right of the screen showing the progress of the upload.
- Now that the file has been uploaded to your account, you will need to go back to your SiteLock Dashboard to finalize the verification. Get back to the "Verify Domain" dialog box from earlier, but this time click the second "Click here" link at the very bottom. Sitelock will crawl your site to find the verification file we uploaded and successfully verify your domain.
- To verify your phone number, first check that the phone number is correct, and then click the "Resend Code" link next to your number. A dialog box will appear and confirm that you want to resend the verification code; click "Yes". You will receive a phone call from an automated system providing you with a verification code.
- To input the verification code, click the "Submit Code" link next to your phone number on your dashboard, and enter the provided code to verify your phone number.
- To verify your address, first check that the address is correct, and then click the "Resend Code" link next to your addess. A dialog box will appear and confirm that you want to resend the verification code; click "Yes". You will be mailed a verification code to the listed address.
- Once you have the verification code, click the "Submit Code" link next to your address on your dashboard, and enter the provided code to verify your home or business address.
Recommended Help Content
How to Upload an SSL Certificate to SiteLock
This article will explain the process for uploading an SSL Certificate to SiteLock's dasboard. The steps for accessing the SSL Manager may vary depending on which user interface your account uses.
This article will explain how and when to contact SiteLock for support.
How to Order SiteLock
This article will explain how to order SiteLock
Related Help Content
SiteLock - Security for Small Business
This article will explain the benefits of SiteLock for small businesses.
An overview of SiteLock Lite
Welcome to SiteLock - An Introduction to Your SiteLock Account
This article is an introduction to SiteLock
What to do When SiteLock Finds a Vulnerability
This article will explain what to do when SiteLock finds a vulnerability.
Setup Sitelock FTP
This article explains how to setup a SiteLock FTP account.
How To Transfer Domain Name To Bluehost
Maintaining your domain registration and hosting services within the same account allows you to manage both services with only one login password, making it easier for you to stay on top of everything related to your website. This article explains the process to transfer your domain to [% provinfo.n
SiteLock Trust Seal
This article will explain how to install the SiteLock Trust Seal.
Two-factor authentication is ideal for anyone looking to increase their account security.