Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How To Redirect A Website - How To Setup A 301 Or 302 Redirect
How to setup a Redirect
- Login to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Click the Redirects icon, in the Domains section of the cPanel.
301 or 302 Redirect
- From the Type menu you will need to choose which type of redirect to use.
- Permanent 301: A 301 redirect will update the visitors bookmarks and direct search engines to the new site.
- Temporary 302: A 302 redirect will redirect the visitor or search engine, but will not update the bookmark and the search engine will continue to index to the original page.
Url to Redirect
- Choose your domain name you would like to redirect, using the drop-down menu.
- If you would like to redirect a single page or directory; you can use the text field following the drop-down menu to enter the name of the folder or file.
- Enter the full URL of the page you will be redirecting to in the "redirects to ->" text field.
Note: You need to enter the protocol as well, e.g. http://, https:// or ftp://
WWW Redirect options
- Select if you will be redirecting www. or not.
- "Only redirect with www."This option will only redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
- "Redirect with or without www."This option will redirect all visitors.
- "Do Not Redirect www."This option will not redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
Wild Card Redirect
- Click the "Wild Card Redirect' if you would like to redirect to the same file on the new destination.
Example: www.example.com redirects to www.example-destination.com
- With "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com/about.html
- Without "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com
- Click the "Add" button to create the redirect.
Recommended Help Content
How To Redirect Rewrite Using The htaccess File - www to non-www
How do I perform a URL redirect/rewrite using the .htaccess file?
Redirecting Web Page
Redirects allow you to make a specific web page redirect to another page and display the contents of that page. Learn how to setup a Permanent (301 or Termporary (302) redirects.
Redirects that do not work due to PHP variables
The redirection of www.yourdomain.com/default.html or index.html to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?act=whatever redirects it to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php%3fact=whatever In other words,
Related Help Content
How To Code a PHP Redirect - PHP Header Redirect
How do I redirect users to another page using PHP?
How To Force SSL On All Pages In .htaccess File
How to force https on entire website.
What is the .htaccess file and where can I find more information?
How To Edit An .htaccess File - Edit htaccess file in cPanel's File Manager
Explains how to edit the .htaccess
How To Host Primary Domain From A Subfolder htaccess
How do I make a sub directory (or sub folder) act as the public_html for your main domain?
How to fix ExecCGI in .htaccess
How to run CGI scripts for Addon domains.
How To Add Handlers To Change PHP Version - PHP Version Setup
This article will explain how to add a PHP handler to your .htaccess files. This is useful if you want to customize the version of PHP that runs your PHP files.
Hotlink Protection Using mod_rewrite
Preventing bandwidth theft using the mod rewrite engine and .htaccess