Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to access your e-mail with Yahoo! Mail
Yahoo! allows it's customers to send and receive emails from their Yahoo! email accounts. Doing this the POP3 protocol, meaning that by default the emails are removed from your Bluehost email account.
If you do not have a Bluehost account, you can sign up here. This will allow you to pick your own custom domain name and create as many email addresses as you would like (i.e. email@example.com).
- Login to your Yahoo! email account.
- Open the Security section, locted under the Settings cog.
- From the left-hand side click, Security
- Tick the box to "Always use SSL"
- Now go back to Accounts
- CLick the Add button, to the right of Accounts
- Check the "Set up to Receive emails" box.
If you are unable to check this box you will need to ensure you have set your account to "Always use SSL" in the Security section of your Yahoo! settings.
- Enter the settings for your Bluehost email account.
- Sending Name: Enter your name as it will appear on any sent email
- Username: Your full email address
- Password: Enter the password for the email account on your Bluehost hosting service.
- Reply-to address: Enter your email address
- Deliver email to: Choose which folder you would your like your emails delivered to
- POP Server: Enter your domain name with the mail subdomain. eg. mail.example.com
- Leave the default port of 995
- Choose to leave your email on the server or not.
If you plan on managing your Bluehost email account in your Yahoo! account; then it is recommended that you not leave the emails on your Bluehost server.
- Click Save.
At this point Yahoo! will require that you verify this email account. You should see a note stating the following:
"Check firstname.lastname@example.org for a confirmation mail from Yahoo! Member Services. Click the link in the email to enable sending mails from this account. If you don't see a confirmation email, try resending it."
To verify your account
Recommended Help Content
How to access your email with Gmail
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Gmail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in GMail. (updated 186 days ago)
Using Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live. This tutorial will show you how to setup your email account in Windows Live Mail. (updated 10 days ago)
How to Create a New Email Account
To setup an email address for your domain name is easily accomplished within the control panel (cPanel). Mail section where Email icon is located Navigate to the Mail section inside cPanel. Click the (updated 60 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to setup e-mail in Eudora Pro
How to Configure Eudora Pro to Access Email? (updated 2292 days ago)
How to Setup Your Email Application
How to create and access your email accounts (updated 304 days ago)
Managing Your Email Accounts
Learn how to create an email account associated with your domain name (updated 869 days ago)
Email Accounts - Add, Delete and Manage
Where do I Add, Delete and Manage Email Accounts? (updated 1630 days ago)
How to login to Webmail
We provide several programs to be able to check your email online. cPanel Mail section where Email Accounts icon is located Navigate to the Mail section inside cPanel. Click the Email Accounts icon. (updated 293 days ago)
Basic Email Configuration Help.
Bluehost offers numerous email options. (updated 759 days ago)
How to create an FTP Account
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password. (updated 333 days ago)
Using Apple's Mail Application
How to setup an email account using Apple's Mail Application. (updated 1107 days ago)