Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Redirecting Web Pages
How to setup a Redirect
- Login to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Click the Redirects icon, in the Domains section of the cPanel.
301 or 302 Redirect
- From the Type menu you will need to choose which type of redirect to use.
- Permanent 301: A 301 redirect will update the visitors bookmarks and direct search engines to the new site.
- Temporary 302: A 302 redirect will redirect the visitor or search engine, but will not update the bookmark and the search engine will continue to index to the original page.
Url to Redirect
- Choose your domain name you would like to redirect, using the drop-down menu.
- If you would like to redirect a single page or directory; you can use the text field following the drop-down menu to enter the name of the folder or file.
- Enter the full URL of the page you will be redirecting to in the "redirects to ->" text field.
Note: You need to enter the protocol as well, e.g. http://, https:// or ftp://
WWW Redirect options
- Select if you will be redirecting www. or not.
- "Only redirect with www."This option will only redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
- "Redirect with or without www."This option will redirect all visitors.
- "Do Not Redirect www."This option will not redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
Wild Card Redirect
- Click the "Wild Card Redirect' if you would like to redirect to the same file on the new destination.
Example: www.example.com redirects to www.example-destination.com
- With "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com/about.html
- Without "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com
- Click the "Add" button to create the redirect.
Recommended Help Content
Protect Specific Pages With SSL
This article will show a way to protect specific pages of your website with SSL. This may have benefits for SEO and can be used on pages that contain forms, shopping carts or any other page where users might enter sensitive information. (updated 373 days ago)
How to Redirect Your Website
How do I create a redirect? (updated 168 days ago)
How do I redirect users to another page using PHP? (updated 2036 days ago)
Related Help Content
PHP pages do not display
If suddenly when you go to your page, you get nothing on the page. You can still get HTML to display, just not PHP. To serve HTML pages to browsers, we don't associate the Apache processes with your 2 (updated -14511 days ago)
Redirects that do not work due to PHP variables
The redirection of www.yourdomain.com/default.html or index.html to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?act=whatever redirects it to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php%3fact=whatever In other words, (updated 823 days ago)
Purchasing an Additional Domain
Learn how to purchase, or register, additional domain names. (updated 1920 days ago)
Enable site statistics for my website
I would like to view the statistics for my website. (updated 1381 days ago)
How to host the Primary Domain from a subfolder (.htaccess)
How do I make a sub directory (or sub folder) act as the public_html for your main domain? (updated 145 days ago)
This article explains error pages and how they can be customized. (updated 1180 days ago)
URL redirect/rewrite using the .htaccess file
How do I perform a URL redirect/rewrite using the .htaccess file? (updated 426 days ago)
Domain Dispute Policy
As the registrar, we will assist in the following domain dispute, providing the specific criteria is met. The domain has been moved without the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP c (updated 415 days ago)