Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to Setup Outlook 2010
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Outlook 2010 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
Adding a new account:
- Select the 'File' menu
- Select Info
- Click the Add Account button
- Choose Manually configure server settings
- Click Next
- Choose Internet E-Mail
- Click Next
- Enter your name as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages
- Enter your full email address
- Enter your full email address also as the User Name
- Enter your email password
- Your mail server is mail.YourDomain.com, eg mail.example.com (where YourDomain.com is your own domain name)
- The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your incoming mail server
- Click the More Settings button
- Click the Outgoing Server tab
- Check the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" checkbox
- Check "use the same settings as your incoming mail server"
- Click the Advanced tab
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, click the checkbox and enter 995 as your port. Otherwise leave the default port at 110
- If you are using POP3, you may choose when messages are removed from the server
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, click the checkbox and enter 993 as your port. Otherwise leave the default port at 143
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, click the checkbox and enter 465 as your port. Otherwise change the non-default port to 26
- Click the OK button
- While on the E-mail Accounts screen, click the Test Account Settings button
- This will both check your settings and send a test email to yourself to confirm that everything is working. If you receive any errors, please check your configuration
- Click the Close button on the Test Account Settings window
- Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window
- Click the Finish button
Outlook 2010 is now correctly configured to send and receive emails
Recommended Help Content
How to Setup Outlook 2013
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2013
Email Setup with Outlook Express
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express.
How to Setup Outlook 2007
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2007
Related Help Content
Email Setup with Outlook 2003
Configuring your email client: Outlook 2003
I cannot send email from Outlook 2003, receive is working.
You can try sending the email on port 26, which is an alternate SMTP port and see if that works for you. For outlook:
How to subscribe to IMAP folders in different email clients
All of my email folders are missing. How can I get them to show up?
Email Setup with Outlook 2002
How do I add my Bluehost email account to Outlook 2002?
Disabling Microsoft Outlook Third Party Plugins
Microsoft Outlook supports third party plugins (aka add-ins) to allow for such things as email virus scanning. Such plugins can cause problems, such as causing Outlook to time-out when trying to retri
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2011
POP vs. IMAP
There are many third-party E-mail programs that can be used to connect to your E-mail accounts from remote computers. The most common E-mail programs, called Clients, are Outlook, Mac Mail, and Mozil
Email Setup with Outlook Express 6.0
How do I add my Bluehost email account to Outlook Express 6.0?