Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Email Account Setup
Managing Your Email Accounts
This article will show you how to Add, Delete and Manage your Bluehost email accounts.
- Creating a new email account
- Viewing your current email accounts
- Deleting email accounts
- Changing the quota of an email account
- Changing the password of an email account
Accessing the Email Accounts tool
- Log into your Bluehost Control Panel
- Open the Email Accounts tool, located in the Mail section of the cPanel.
Creating a new email account
- In the Email:" text box type the User you would like to create an email address for.
- In the Password:" text box type the Password you would like this User to have.
- The Password Strength:" meter will tell if the password you have entered is strong enough. We highly recommend you use a strong password. For more information on this subject? Please see our Knowledgebase article on (Password Strength)
- In the Password (Again):" text box type the Same Password you used above to confirm that they are the same. If the passwords do not match please carefully retype the password into both boxes again.
- The Mailbox quota (optional):" text box is used to specify the amount of your overall hosting storage that will be allocated for that specific email account. The default that should be listed is 250 MB. You can increase or decrease this number as you desire.
- Once the User, Password, and Quota are all accurate; simply click the Create Account" button.
Viewing your current email accounts
Once the email accounts have been created they are listed on the bottom half of the page. You are able to search for email accounts by email address, username or domain name.
Deleting email accounts
To delete an email account:
- Click Delete, to the right of the email account.
- Click Delete to confirm that you would like to delete this email account.
Note: This will delete all of the emails associated with this email account.
Changing the quota of an email account
- Click Change Quota to the right of the email account.
- Enter the new quota for the email account.
- Click the Change Quota button to confirm the new quota.
Changing the password of an email account
- Click Change Password to the right of the email account.
- Enter the new Password for the email account.
- Click the Change Password button to change the password for the email account.
Recommended Help Content
Email Account Setup
This article explains the steps to set up an email account on your domain.
This article outlines how to access your email online through Bluehost webmail.
Resetting the Password for an Email Account
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail
Related Help Content
Access your Email in Gmail
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Gmail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in GMail.
Webmail and Email Applications
So, you want to access your email, eh? You're going to need an email client for that. But what is an email client? Email clients come in two varieties: webmail and email applications.
WHM - Create a New cPanel
How to create a new cPanel.
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2016 for Windows
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Windows
Email Application Setup - Outlook 2016 for Mac
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
Email Application Setup
How to setup your Bluehost-hosted email address with an email application.
Email Management - Account-Level Email Filters
Account level Filters.
Email Client Setup: Outlook 2002
How do I add my Bluehost email account to Outlook 2002?