Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux, Bluehost recommends Filezilla. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.filezilla-project.org.
- Click the Site Manager icon.
- On the Site Manager window, click the New Site button.
- For the server host, if your nameservers are pointed to ns1.BlueHost.com and ns2.BlueHost.com, you may simply put your domain name. If your name servers are not pointed to us, then please use the IP address from the introductory E-mail message.
- For the protocol, make sure that FTP is selected.
- The username can be found by visiting the FTP Accounts section of the cPanel. Please note that the username may contain "@domain.com" where domain.com is the domain name.
- Enter an FTP password. If you are using the default FTP username, the password is the main cPanel password.
- Click the Connect button.
Now, the files and folders on your server are viewable.
The easiest way to copy files to and from the server is to simply drag-and-drop them from one side to the other.
Recommended Help Content
Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OSX, we recommend Cyberduck. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://cyberduck.ch. The program is installed b
FTP Setup Using Filezilla
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
Related Help Content
Create an FTP link
I want to be able to provide an FTP link to my site that does not use Unlimited FTP or Anonymous FTP.
Setup an FTP disk in Windows Vista and 7
How to create a Network Folder in Windows Vista and 7
FTP - Uploading the website
How do I upload my web site?
. It can be purchased for $25.00 USD from http://fetchsoftworks.com. The program is installed by dragging the Fetch icon into your computer's Applications folder. When Fetch opens, you will see the ne
WinSCP is a Free SFTP, FTP and SCP client for Windows. Learn how to use WinSCP to manage your site.
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
FTP Setup using Fetch (Mac)
How do I upload my page to your server using FTP on a Mac?
FTP via Windows Explorer
This article will explain how to connect to your server via FTP using Windows Explorer.