Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Accessing the File Manager
File Manager Overview - Accessing the File Manager
File Manager is a quick and easy way to navigate through your files. It also has an array of features that can help you to manage your files, such as uploading, creating, removing, editing, copying, moving, compressing, or extracting your files.
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a specific explanation of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Editing Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
Accessing the File Manager
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Under the Files category locate the File Manager icon.
- A dialouge box will appear. In the pop-up, select Web Root (public_html/www) and check the box next to Show Hidden Files (dotfiles). (this will place you in the folder for your web content and show you all the files and folders present).
- The File Manager will now load in a new window and show your files. Double click on a folder to open it, and click Up One Level to go back a folder. For more information on getting around the File Manager, please see our Navigating the File Manager article.
Recommended Help Content
Navigating the File Manager
This article will walk you through navigating the File Manager.
File Manager - Extracting Files from an Archive
This article will walk you through extracting compressed files using the File Manager.
File Manager - Copying and Moving Files
This article will walk you through copying and moving files using the File Manager.
Related Help Content
File Manager - Creating Removing and Editing Files
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager.
Accessing Web Disk and WebDav
This article will explain how to access and use the Web Disk and cPanel as well as explain variations for different operating systems.
How do I Access My Account Control Panel?
IP Deny Manager Tool
This article will explain how to utilize the IP Deny Manager tool in cPanel.
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
File Manager - Uploading Files
This article will walk you through uploading files using the File Manager
File Manager - Compressing Files into an Archive GZip
This article will explain how to utilize GZip through the file manager.
Log in to Your Control Panel
This article will explain how to log in to your Account Control Panel