Bluehost Web Hosting Help
File Manager Overview - Accessing the File Manager
File Manager is a quick and easy way to navigate through your files. It also has an array of features that can help you to manage your files, such as uploading, creating, removing, editing, copying, moving, compressing, or extracting your files.
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a specific explanation of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Edtiting Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
Accessing the File Manager
- Log into your cPanel.
- Locate the File Manager icon under the "Files" category.
- A dialouge box will appear. In the pop-up, select Web Root (public_html/www) and check the box next to Show Hidden Files (dotfiles). (this will place you in the folder for your web content and show you all the files and folders present).
- The File Manager will now load in a new window and show your files. Double click on a folder to open it, and click Up One Level to go back a folder. For more information on getting around the File Manager, please see our Navigating the File Manager article.