Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Among the various FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OS X, one we recommend is Fetch. href="http://fetchsoftworks.com/downloads.html" target="_blank">http://fetchsoftworks.com. The program is installed by dragging the Fetch icon into your computer's Applications folder.When Fetch opens, you will see the new connection box automatically open.
- For the hostname, if your nameservers are pointed to ns1.BlueHost.com and ns2.BlueHost.com, you may simply put your domain name. If your nameservers are not pointed to us, then please use the IP address that you received in your introductory E-mail message.
- Your username can be found by visiting the FTP Accounts section of the cpanel. Please note that your username may contain "@domain.com" where domain.com is your domain name.
- For the protocol, make sure that FTP is selected.
- Enter your FTP password. If you are using the default FTP username, the password is your cPanel password.
- Your screen should look something like this now.
Now, you can see the files and folders on your server.
The easiest way to copy files to and from the server is to simply drag-and-drop them using Finder. You may also use the program's Get and Put icons to upload and download from the current folder.
Recommended Help Content
Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OSX, we recommend Cyberduck. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://cyberduck.ch. The program is installed b
Password Protected Folder Gives Continual Prompts
What should I do if I am having problems with multiple password prompts on my password protected directory?
Password Protect a folder on your website
How do I password protect a folder on my website?
Related Help Content
Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OSX, Windows, or Linux, we recommend Filezilla. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.filezilla-project
Setting a Password for the Main MySQL User
I am prompted to set a new MySQL password. What does this mean and how do I change it?
How to create an FTP Account
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
FTP Client Recommendations
I want to be able to provide an FTP link to my site that does not use Unlimited FTP or Anonymous FTP.
What is a Fav Icon and How do I change it?
Resetting MySQL Database User and Password
This article will explain how to change the password for a database in the event that the original password is lost.
FTP - Uploading the website
How do I upload my web site?