Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Email Account Set Up
One of the many benefits of owning a domain name and hosting account is that you can create custom, professionally branded email addresses. This article explains the steps to set up an email account on your domain.
Create an Email Account
First, follow the steps below to access your Email Manager:
- Log in to your bluehost account.
- Click the Hosting menu at the top of the page.
- Click Email in the submenu.
Using the links to the left, you can create and manage your email accounts and other settings, such as email forwarders, autoresponders, spam filters, and more.
Next, follow the steps below to set up a new email account:
- The Email Accounts section should already be highlighted, but if it isn’t, click on it now.
- Click Create an Email Account.
- Enter the new email address prefix (before the @ symbol), and then select the domain you want to use from the drop-down menu. Email addresses can contain periods or dots as well. For example: email@example.com.
- Create a password within the guidelines listed on the page, or click Generate Password and our system will generate one for you.
- Next, select your preferred default webmail client from the drop-down menu. If you’re not sure which one you want to use, select “I want to choose later.”
- Under Mailbox Storage, set the storage limit for this mailbox. If you aren't sure of the user's needs, you may want to select the default limit of 250 MB now and make any necessary adjustments later. Once a user reaches their quota, any incoming mail will bounce back to the sender, so it’s important to set a reasonable limit.
- Finally, click Create.
Hooray! You’ve successfully created an email account.
Recommended Help Content
Managing Your Email Accounts
Learn how to create an email account associated with your domain name
FTP Setup Using Dreamweaver 8
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP?
Email Setup with Outlook 2002
How do I add my Bluehost email account to Outlook 2002?
Related Help Content
Setup Sitelock FTP
This article explains how to setup a SiteLock FTP account.
Email Setup in Windows 10 Mail
This article will explain how to setup an email account in the Windows 10 mail application.
Email Setup with Outlook Express
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express.
Setting Up Mozilla Thunderbird
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Due to differences in the operating systems, some screens and steps might
Change Email Account Settings without cPanel Access
How does a person change the Password, create an Autoresponder and setup Email Filtering on their individual email account without logging into the main account control panel?
Enable site statistics for my website
I would like to view the statistics for my website.
Emails not sending out with correct character set
Emails are not sending out in the correct character sets. Recipients are receiving odd characters instead of the specified set.
Account Level Email Filtering
Account level Filters.