Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Publishing with DreamWeaver CS5
The steps for connecting Adobe Dreamweaver CS5, CS5.5 and CS6 are the same. This article will walk you through how to setup your site.
- Open Dreamweaver CS5. Click Site and choose New Site.
- For site name, enter a phrase that describes your site.
- Click Servers from the left hand side.
- Click the + button to add a server.
- Enter a server name.
- Connect using FTP Then enter your FTP Host which is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of your server.
- Host or Root Directory should be public_html if this is your main site with us.
- Enter your login name and password. The login name will be the character username you received in your sign up confirmation email, if you do not know it please log into the cPanel from www.Bluehost.com and go into FTP accounts, it is the 8 character one, the password is the same password you set up when you created your account.
- Click more options.
- Click use passive FTP.
- Save this information and connect to your account.
To continue troubleshooting, proceed to the section, "Verify login credentials."" If you were unable to log in to your FTP server please check your firewall and make the needed changes in order to allow ftp traffic. (Port 20 and 21)
To check your ports Bluehost has provided this tool at this Link.
Note: Bluehost does support SFTP.
Recommended Help Content
Publishing with DreamWeaver CS3
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
Publishing with DreamWeaver CS4
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS4
Website Pre-Publish Checklist
You have invested a significant amount of time creating and perfecting your website, and you're ready to publish it for the world to see! Are you really though? Use this checklist to ensure your site is ready for publication.
Related Help Content
FTP Setup on Dreamweaver CC 2014
This article explains how to publish your site through FTP on Dreamweaver 2014
Publish your Site using 3rd Party Programs
Dreamweaver, WordPress Direct, Excite, XSite publishing
How To Setup Dreamweaver CS5
Connecting and uploading via FTP with Dreamweaver CS5
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX?
Publishing with iWeb 09
How to publish a site created in iWeb 09
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX 2004
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX 2004?
How to manually upload a website created with MS Publisher
"Publish to the Web" isn't working in MS Publisher. Is there another way?
FTP Setup and Publish with Web Easy Pro
What are the publish settings for Web Easy Professional ?