Bluehost Web Hosting Help
WordPress: Install a new Theme
This article will show you how to find and install a theme for your WordPress site.
- When you log in to your WordPress Dashboard, you will see your main menu on the left. Click Appearance.
- This will take you to the Appearance section of your site. To find a new theme, choose Add New.
- You can search for a new theme by clicking Feature Filter, and sort through the themes by color scheme, layout, features, and much more.
- Once you choose a theme that you like, click the Install button that appears when you hover your mouse over the theme.
- Now that the theme is installed, you can click Activate to immediately make your site start using this theme.
If you have already purchased a theme, you can install it on your WordPress site in a similar manner to the process above
- When you get to the Appearance section and click Add New, you will choose the option Upload Theme.
- The theme folder needs to be in a .zip format. Choose Browse and locate the theme on your computer. Then click Install Now.
- Once the theme is installed, you can click Activate and your site will now be using this theme.
Recommended Help Content
Logging in and Using WordPress: Installing Plugins
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug (updated 32 days ago)
How to install WordPress, using the MOJO marketplace
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPres (updated 162 days ago)
Logging in and Using WordPress: Preventing Spam
Prevent Spam These steps will help you prevent users and robots from posting Spam on your WordPress blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select Settings in the navigation bar on the left. From the G (updated 1249 days ago)
Related Help Content
Migrating an Existing WordPress.com Blog
If you have a WordPress blog hosted on wordpress.com, you can easily export it and import it to WordPress that is installed on your hosting account with bluehost. Login to the WordPress D (updated 1208 days ago)
WordPress: How to Uninstall a Theme
How to Uninstall a WordPress Theme (updated 17 days ago)
Getting Started Wizard After you have installed phpBB, please use the administrative link provided in SimpleScripts to access the login area. Enter the Admin Username you selected when installing php (updated 1592 days ago)
How to install other themes than subSilver to add more variety to your phpBB message board. (updated 1055 days ago)
How to install Wordpress
Learn how to use WordPress, WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes now available. (updated 1097 days ago)
Installing and Activating a New Theme - Drupal
How to install and activate a theme in Drupal (updated 592 days ago)
How to use the Posts feature of the WordPress Dashboard (updated 181 days ago)
Tips and tricks to make your wordpress blog load faster (updated 308 days ago)