Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Can I add my own CGI scripts?
Our Linux web servers have the capability to run CGI scripts in your own "cgi-bin" directory. Scripts may be written in Perl, Python and CGI languages.
Using CGI Scripts
Here are some helpful tips to follow when installing scripts:
- Upload to your cgi-bin directory to ensure proper file permission settings.
- All scripts on our server must have permissions set to 755 (rwx-rx-rx). If you need help in changing script permissions, please see our article about setting file and user permissions.
- Upload in ASCII transfer mode (and NOT BINARY mode)
- The first line of each script must read: a) #!/usr/bin/perl (for Perl) b) #!/usr/bin/python (for Python)
- Ensure the permissions are set to 755
Recommended Help Content
How to fix ExecGCI in .htaccess
How to run CGI scripts for Addon domains. (updated 1079 days ago)
CGI Script Limitations
Does your company have any limit about CGI script use? (updated 1082 days ago)
What is CGI? (updated 1082 days ago)
Related Help Content
I need help with my CGI script? (updated 2107 days ago)
Applications Available in the cPanel
Do You Have Any Applications Available for Customers to Use? (updated 724 days ago)
Understanding the Basics of CGI. (updated 1082 days ago)
Connecting Scripts to MySQL Databases
This article will explain how to connect your scripts to your MySQL databases. (updated 890 days ago)
Why am I Getting File Not Found When Executing My CGI?
Why am I Getting File Not Found When Executing My CGI? (updated 1468 days ago)
How to install WordPress, using the MOJO marketplace
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPres (updated 90 days ago)
Simple Script Upgrade Error - Host Server Unresponsive
When performing an upgrade (in this case, Joomla) in Simple Scripts, it can throw the following error: "Host Server Unresponsive Unfortunately, the server you are attempting to install on appears to b (updated 2062 days ago)
Email Accounts - Add, Delete and Manage
Where do I Add, Delete and Manage Email Accounts? (updated 1416 days ago)