Bluehost Web Hosting Help
What is the Index Manager? How do I use the Index Manager?
The Index Manager allows you to customize the way a directory will be viewed on the web. You can select between a default style, no indexes, or two types of indexing. If you do not wish for people to be able to see the files in your directory, choose no indexing.
1. Log into your Bluehost control panel.
2. Locate the Advanced menu.
3. Locate and click on the "Index Manager" icon.
4. This will bring up the Directory Selection box.
5. Choose either the Web Root(public_html) or the Document Root. If you have multiple domains select the domain you want to index from the drop down box.
If you would like to Show Hidden Files (dotfile) click the check box below your domain name.
If you do have multiple domain names please be careful not to check the "Skip this question, and always open this directory in the future when opening".
6.This will bring you to the "Index Manager Menu" that will allow you to navigate to different directories.
7.You can navigate to different directories by clicking on the folder icons.
8.When you find the directory you wish to index click on the directory name and your "Index Manager" will provide you with four options:
You can select between a default style, no indexes, or two types of indexing. If you do not wish for people to be able to see the files in your directory, choose no indexing.
9.When you have made your selection please click the "Save" button in the center of your screen. You will then receive a confirmation page showing the updated settings.
10. Hit the "Go Back" button in the center of your screen. This will take you back to the main "Index Manager". Hit the Home icon in the upper left hand corner of the page to return to your main cPanel menu.Click Here for official cPanel documentation on this topic.