Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Ruby Gems Installation
How do I install my own Ruby Gems?
- Using File Manager in your cPanel make a copy of the .bashrc file in your root directory, name it .bashrc.bak.
- Now edit the .bashrc file and add the following to the end of the file:
- export GEM_HOME=$HOME/ruby/gems
- export GEM_PATH=$GEM_HOME:/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.3
- export GEM_CACHE=$GEM_HOME/cache
- export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/ruby/gems/sass-3.4.21/bin/
- When using a rails application, make sure you add the following to your ./config/environment.rb:
- ENV['GEM_PATH'] = '/path/to/your/home/ruby/gems:/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.3'
Recommended Help Content
Ruby on Rails, Gems
What Ruby on Rails version and Gems are installed?
Ruby on Rails: How-to install Redmine
How to install Redmine a Ruby on Rails application
Ruby on Rails Setup
How do I setup Ruby on Rails?
Related Help Content
Ruby on Rails 404 Errors
My Ruby on Rails installation keeps displaying a '404 Not Found' error.
Ruby on Rails application generates a 500 - Premature end of script error
When I attempt to execute my Ruby on Rails application I receive "500- Premature end of script."
Path to Ruby
What is the path to Ruby?
Install WordPress using Marketplace
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPres
WordPress Install Without Automatic Database Creation
This article explains how to install WordPress when Mojo is unable to create the database automatically.
WordPress - Install a new Theme
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for
VPS or Dedicated - Installing and using RoR with Passenger
This article will explain how to use RoR through passenger on a VPS or Dedicated hosting account
Installing phpBB using Marketplace
To install a phpBB forum using MOJO Marketplace, log into the cPanel and scroll down to the Software/Services category. Click on the MOJO Marketplace icon. Click on the phpBB icon. Click the Install Now bu