Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Backup Restore from previous host to Bluehost
The best way to restore a backup without using SSH is to use File Manager in the cPanel.
- Create a folder on your Bluehost account called temp1.
- Upload the tar.gz file from other hosting into the temp1 folder .
- Extract the contents of the file by clicking on the name of the file and click the Extract icon along the top bar of the File Manager. This will extract the backup into the temp1 folder.
- Move contents of the backup into the appropriate folder like the HTML files into the /public_html directory. Right click on the file/folder to select the Move option.
- If you move a folder you will need to make sure the permissions are set to 755.
Recommended Help Content
Backup and Restore with Site Backup Pro
How to restore individual files or folders with the Site Backup & Restore tool
Backup or Restore WordPress Using WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to use WordPress Tools to backup or restore your WordPress site
Restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
How to restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
Related Help Content
Backup all MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
How to backup all of your MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool
Backup and Restore File or Folders with Site Backup Pro tool
How to backup individual files or folders with the Site Backup Pro tool
Restoring Email Messages using the Site Backup Pro
How to restore Email Messages the Site Backup Pro tool
Managing Backups with Site Backup Pro
How to manage your backups using Site Backup and Restore
Bluehost Account Backup Policy
What is the Bluehost backup policy? What kinds of backups are available?
Importing AWStats from a Previous Host
How can I import awstats from my previous host?
Hosting Sub Domains
How can I host only a sub-domain on my hosting service provided by Bluehost?
Automatic Backup Frequency
How often do you backup my site? When do automated backups take place?