Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to create a Redirect
How to setup a Redirect
- Login to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Click the Redirects icon, in the Domains section of the cPanel.
301 or 302 Redirect
- From the Type menu you will need to choose which type of redirect to use.
- Permanent 301: A 301 redirect will update the visitors bookmarks and direct search engines to the new site.
- Temporary 302: A 302 redirect will redirect the visitor or search engine, but will not update the bookmark and the search engine will continue to index to the original page.
Url to Redirect
- Choose your domain name you would like to redirect, using the drop-down menu.
- If you would like to redirect a single page or directory; you can use the text field following the drop-down menu to enter the name of the folder or file.
- Enter the full URL of the page you will be redirecting to in the "redirects to ->" text field.
Note: You need to enter the protocol as well, e.g. http://, https:// or ftp://
WWW Redirect options
- Select if you will be redirecting www. or not.
- "Only redirect with www."This option will only redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
- "Redirect with or without www."This option will redirect all visitors.
- "Do Not Redirect www."This option will not redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
Wild Card Redirect
- Click the "Wild Card Redirect' if you would like to redirect to the same file on the new destination.
Example: www.example.com redirects to www.example-destination.com
- With "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com/about.html
- Without "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com
- Click the "Add" button to create the redirect.
Recommended Help Content
URL redirect/rewrite using the .htaccess file
How do I perform a URL redirect/rewrite using the .htaccess file? (updated 612 days ago)
Redirects that do not work due to PHP variables
The redirection of www.yourdomain.com/default.html or index.html to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?act=whatever redirects it to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php%3fact=whatever In other words, (updated 82 days ago)
Redirecting Web Pages
Redirects allow you to make a specific web page redirect to another page and display the contents of that page. Learn how to setup a Permanent (301 or Termporary (302) redirects. (updated 883 days ago)
Related Help Content
How do I redirect users to another page using PHP? (updated 1297 days ago)
What is the .htaccess file and where can I find more information? (updated 374 days ago)
How to fix ExecGCI in .htaccess
How to run CGI scripts for Addon domains. (updated 642 days ago)
How to host the Primary Domain from a subfolder (.htaccess)
How do I make a sub directory (or sub folder) act as the public_html for your main domain? (updated 154 days ago)
Hotlink Protection Using mod_rewrite
Preventing bandwidth theft using the mod rewrite engine and .htaccess (updated 644 days ago)
Wordpress Error: Unable to create directory
Wordpress Error: Unable to create directory /wp-content/uploads/2009/mydir/summer/ Is its parent directory writable by the server? (updated 1626 days ago)
Strong Passwords: How to create and use them
Strong passwords: How to create and use them. (updated 1266 days ago)
How to edit your .htaccess
Explains how to edit the .htaccess (updated 461 days ago)