Bluehost Web Hosting Help
How to Redirect Your Website
How to setup a Redirect
- Login to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Click the Redirects icon, in the Domains section of the cPanel.
301 or 302 Redirect
- From the Type menu you will need to choose which type of redirect to use.
- Permanent 301: A 301 redirect will update the visitors bookmarks and direct search engines to the new site.
- Temporary 302: A 302 redirect will redirect the visitor or search engine, but will not update the bookmark and the search engine will continue to index to the original page.
Url to Redirect
- Choose your domain name you would like to redirect, using the drop-down menu.
- If you would like to redirect a single page or directory; you can use the text field following the drop-down menu to enter the name of the folder or file.
- Enter the full URL of the page you will be redirecting to in the "redirects to ->" text field.
Note: You need to enter the protocol as well, e.g. http://, https:// or ftp://
WWW Redirect options
- Select if you will be redirecting www. or not.
- "Only redirect with www."This option will only redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
- "Redirect with or without www."This option will redirect all visitors.
- "Do Not Redirect www."This option will not redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL
Wild Card Redirect
- Click the "Wild Card Redirect' if you would like to redirect to the same file on the new destination.
Example: www.example.com redirects to www.example-destination.com
- With "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com/about.html
- Without "Wild Card Redirect": www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com
- Click the "Add" button to create the redirect.
Recommended Help Content
URL redirect/rewrite using the .htaccess file
How do I perform a URL redirect/rewrite using the .htaccess file? (updated 273 days ago)
Redirects that do not work due to PHP variables
The redirection of www.yourdomain.com/default.html or index.html to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?act=whatever redirects it to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php%3fact=whatever In other words, (updated 669 days ago)
Redirecting Web Pages
Redirects allow you to make a specific web page redirect to another page and display the contents of that page. Learn how to setup a Permanent (301 or Termporary (302) redirects. (updated 1468 days ago)
Related Help Content
How do I redirect users to another page using PHP? (updated 1883 days ago)
What is the .htaccess file and where can I find more information? (updated 960 days ago)
Force SSL on all pages.
How to force https on entire website. (updated 676 days ago)
How to host the Primary Domain from a subfolder (.htaccess)
How do I make a sub directory (or sub folder) act as the public_html for your main domain? (updated 70 days ago)
How to fix ExecGCI in .htaccess
How to run CGI scripts for Addon domains. (updated 1228 days ago)
Hotlink Protection Using mod_rewrite
Preventing bandwidth theft using the mod rewrite engine and .htaccess (updated 1230 days ago)
Clients in China Are Unable to View My Website
Clients in China are unable to view my website. My website's content doesn't contain any objectionable material. (updated 2211 days ago)
Adding Handlers to change your PHP Version
This article will explain how to add a PHP handler to your .htaccess files. This is useful if you want to customize the version of PHP that runs your PHP files. (updated 89 days ago)